The Irish, those who hail the country of Ireland, both by birth and those who simply claim it, are a God-fearing and unique group of people. It is said that everybody has been an Irish Catholic at least once in their lives. Who won’t join in the festivities of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations? Attributed to the Irish are hundreds of thousands of quotes over the centuries, and here are a few of their best. Enjoy, and feel free to use for yourself as often as you like.
1. "There is no language like the Irish for soothing and quieting."~~ By John Millington Synge~~
2. "St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time -- a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic."~~ By Adrienne Cook.~~
3. "Ireland is rich in literature that understands a soul's yearnings, and dancing that understands a happy heart."~~ By Margaret Jackson.~~
4. "Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat."~~ By Alex Levine.~~
5. "Maybe it's bred in the bone, but the sound of pipes is a little bit of heaven to some of us." ~~ By Nancy O'Keeefe.~~
6. "In Ireland the inevitable never happens and the unexpected constantly occurs." ~~ By Sir John Pentland Mahaffy.~~
7. "Long life to you, a wet mouth, and death in Ireland"
8. "A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures"
9. "I believe in the sun when it's not shining, I believe in love even when I feel it not, I believe what whiskey will not cure, there is no cure for."
Many of the quotes that are attributed to Ireland are those that are full of dealing with strife and problems. For many individuals in Ireland’s history, their lives were anything but easy. They struggled to find food, homes and shelter many times. And, when they had that there was disease ravishing them. For those in Ireland, many quotes are very religious in nature as well. The goal of each is to inspire or just to learn to deal with the things that were put at their feet.