Tools and Resources for Writing
Software, articles, and other help for writers
If you are looking for software to help with your writing projects, look at our writing tools.
If you like to read about writing, see the articles and ebooks in
Marketing Your Writings,
and Your Writings - Stories, Essays, Poetry.
Book Writer™ – Word Processing for Writers
Are you writing a book?
Are you a student?
Are you researching?
If you are writing a book, or you have chapters, notes, papers, or any writings spread across multiple files,
you can use Book Writer™ to free your creative mind from your computer.
Version 5.50: Now you can keep records on People, Places, Events, and Notes with your writings!
- Combine related files into a project for easy management.
- Merge individual chapters into a single manuscript for submissions.
- Open all files in a project with a single click.
- Move from file to file by clicking notebook tabs.
- Find any word or phrase in all project files, opened or not.
- Copy or move all files at once.
- Zip all files in a project for backup or emailing.
- Think of the right word easily with Active Thesaurus™.
- Eliminate needless business functions from your word editor.
If you are a writer—not a business person or secretary—try this word processor made for writers!
$89.95 On sale! $67.00
(Orders are processed on the parent company's secure site.)
Whitesmoke™ – Check and Perfect Your Writing
Need help with grammar? Spelling? Punctuation?
No matter what software you are using for word processing, Whitesmoke can help perfect what you write!
Grammar, spelling, and other language checking for fiction, non-fiction,
business letters, legal medical documents, and email.
All these writing tools in one:
Grammar checker, Thesaurus, Spell checker, Punctuation checker, Idioms dictionary.
- Works with any word processing software—Book Writer™, MS Word®, and others.
- Perfect your English grammar with our English grammar check, grammar corrector, and grammar lessons.
- Get just the right word with smart synonyms from our extensive synonyms dictionary.
- Use the proofreader to check your English grammar and every other aspect of your writing.
- Spell everything right with the spell checker's extensive dictionaries.
- Power up your writing with relevant adjectives, adverbs, and phrases.
- Get your punctuation right with the rules of the punctuation checker.
Whitesmoke works with most applications!
Use Whitesmoke with Book Writer™, Microsoft Word®, Outlook Express, Firefox, Internet Explorer—and many others.
Selected Articles and Stories
|3 Steps To Better Sales Copywriting|
Whether you’re wet-behind-the-ears or a seasoned copywriter, your craft will benefit by remembering one thing: You’re nothing more than a salesperson. There’s an old saying in the “business” that, “a copywriter is a salesperson sitting in front of a typewriter.
|Understanding The First Rule Of Writing—Before You Start The Great Bestselling Book|
Chaos and confusion come when established rules and procedures are not followed. Even mixing and matching systems to favor one’s own position can cause a great deal of consternation. In writing a book, the first rule is to know and understand why you want to write in the first place.
|A Strategy For Coming Up With A Great Book Title|
Go into a bookstore and browse through the titles in the bestseller section. Book publishing companies hire high-priced people to come up with a title or “headline,” because book publishing is a big business; therefore a lot of contemplation goes into making their titles as commercially-viable as possible.
|Taming The Book Proposal|
Oh, that most maddening of documents! For so many of us eager to move forward with our nonfiction projects, it looms large like a guard at the queen’s castle, blocking the path to publication.
|Writing A Book - Tips From An Author #2|
Writing a three act story - dealing with the middle act. In the second or middle act, you get to expand the story past the initial 'inciting incident', and develop the characters and their various drives and needs.
|3 Ways to Find Your Niche as a Freelance Writer|
To make a six-figure income as a freelance writer, to need to be an expert. You need your name to jump to people's lips when a particular job or challenge comes up. "Direct mail for software?
|Finish Your Book Already!|
I owe the completion and success of my book to a big cardboard box that saw me through the entire process. I found this box and filled it with any and all information I could find on my topic ‘advanced presentation skills for speakers and business presenters.
|Custom Writing Services Market Overview|
In this article the author is going to carry out custom writing services market overview providing comprehensive survey of the market divided into the following categories: market identification, market size, market segmentation, market growth speed, market customers, principles of operation, financial characteristics, regulations, and other categories.