Tools and Resources for Writing
Software, articles, and other help for writers
If you are looking for software to help with your writing projects, look at our writing tools.
If you like to read about writing, see the articles and ebooks in
Marketing Your Writings,
and Your Writings - Stories, Essays, Poetry.
Book Writer™ – Word Processing for Writers
Are you writing a book?
Are you a student?
Are you researching?
If you are writing a book, or you have chapters, notes, papers, or any writings spread across multiple files,
you can use Book Writer™ to free your creative mind from your computer.
Version 5.50: Now you can keep records on People, Places, Events, and Notes with your writings!
- Combine related files into a project for easy management.
- Merge individual chapters into a single manuscript for submissions.
- Open all files in a project with a single click.
- Move from file to file by clicking notebook tabs.
- Find any word or phrase in all project files, opened or not.
- Copy or move all files at once.
- Zip all files in a project for backup or emailing.
- Think of the right word easily with Active Thesaurus™.
- Eliminate needless business functions from your word editor.
If you are a writer—not a business person or secretary—try this word processor made for writers!
$89.95 On sale! $67.00
(Orders are processed on the parent company's secure site.)
Whitesmoke™ – Check and Perfect Your Writing
Need help with grammar? Spelling? Punctuation?
No matter what software you are using for word processing, Whitesmoke can help perfect what you write!
Grammar, spelling, and other language checking for fiction, non-fiction,
business letters, legal medical documents, and email.
All these writing tools in one:
Grammar checker, Thesaurus, Spell checker, Punctuation checker, Idioms dictionary.
- Works with any word processing software—Book Writer™, MS Word®, and others.
- Perfect your English grammar with our English grammar check, grammar corrector, and grammar lessons.
- Get just the right word with smart synonyms from our extensive synonyms dictionary.
- Use the proofreader to check your English grammar and every other aspect of your writing.
- Spell everything right with the spell checker's extensive dictionaries.
- Power up your writing with relevant adjectives, adverbs, and phrases.
- Get your punctuation right with the rules of the punctuation checker.
Whitesmoke works with most applications!
Use Whitesmoke with Book Writer™, Microsoft Word®, Outlook Express, Firefox, Internet Explorer—and many others.
Selected Articles and Stories
|Writing Well-- 6 Steps to Being Your Own Best Editor|
One of the first important lessons a writer learns is that writing is a process, a series of steps that take an idea from concept to completed work. This is true whether the work is an article, a poem, a report, a short story or a book.
|Battling Internet ADD: Ten Tips for Writing for the Web|
1. Write for a reasonGet to the point. One of the basic references for Web design is Steve Krug's, Don't Make Me Think. My book for Web writers (not yet available in stores) will be called, Don't Make Me Yawn.
|How to Write B2B Ads That Catch Customers|
Are your business-to-business ads working for you? If they are not making sales, are they at least generating interest in your company? Are they making an impression on your potential customers by making you stand out in a crowd?
|The ONLY Thing You Need to Know About Writing Articles|
You don't need to be a great writer to write great articles, just be fast and entertaining. There is only ONE SINGLE THING you need to know about article writing. Tell a story. Stories are easy to follow and interesting.
|AUTOBIOGRAPHY: How to Write & Publish Your Life Story|
Have you ever thought about writing your life story as a book? Do you have fascinating events in your life to tell that you know would make a bestselling book? Of course you do! And the world needs to hear your story.
|Consider Self Publishing in Ebook Format|
Today, more than every before authors are presented with publishing opportunities that have never existed before. This is not to understate the hard work that authors have to go through to get recognition, write great books, and make a full time living from their passion of expression.
|What Employers Look For In A Freelance Writer|
Freelance writing is as much about selling yourself as it is about writing. With this in mind, we asked some of the employers who use our site, and others like it, just what it is that they look for in a freelance writer.
|How To Outgrow 'Write What You Know'|
Every writer has heard it time and again, and it’s not without merit: “Write what you know. ”When I began freelancing, I was just out of college, so what did I write about? College.