Tools and Resources for Writing
Software, articles, and other help for writers
If you are looking for software to help with your writing projects, look at our writing tools.
If you like to read about writing, see the articles and ebooks in
Marketing Your Writings,
and Your Writings - Stories, Essays, Poetry.
Book Writer™ – Word Processing for Writers
Are you writing a book?
Are you a student?
Are you researching?
If you are writing a book, or you have chapters, notes, papers, or any writings spread across multiple files,
you can use Book Writer™ to free your creative mind from your computer.
Version 5.50: Now you can keep records on People, Places, Events, and Notes with your writings!
- Combine related files into a project for easy management.
- Merge individual chapters into a single manuscript for submissions.
- Open all files in a project with a single click.
- Move from file to file by clicking notebook tabs.
- Find any word or phrase in all project files, opened or not.
- Copy or move all files at once.
- Zip all files in a project for backup or emailing.
- Think of the right word easily with Active Thesaurus™.
- Eliminate needless business functions from your word editor.
If you are a writer—not a business person or secretary—try this word processor made for writers!
$89.95 On sale! $67.00
(Orders are processed on the parent company's secure site.)
Whitesmoke™ – Check and Perfect Your Writing
Need help with grammar? Spelling? Punctuation?
No matter what software you are using for word processing, Whitesmoke can help perfect what you write!
Grammar, spelling, and other language checking for fiction, non-fiction,
business letters, legal medical documents, and email.
All these writing tools in one:
Grammar checker, Thesaurus, Spell checker, Punctuation checker, Idioms dictionary.
- Works with any word processing software—Book Writer™, MS Word®, and others.
- Perfect your English grammar with our English grammar check, grammar corrector, and grammar lessons.
- Get just the right word with smart synonyms from our extensive synonyms dictionary.
- Use the proofreader to check your English grammar and every other aspect of your writing.
- Spell everything right with the spell checker's extensive dictionaries.
- Power up your writing with relevant adjectives, adverbs, and phrases.
- Get your punctuation right with the rules of the punctuation checker.
Whitesmoke works with most applications!
Use Whitesmoke with Book Writer™, Microsoft Word®, Outlook Express, Firefox, Internet Explorer—and many others.
Selected Articles and Stories
|The Three "Questions" Of Science Fiction|
There is a great deal of misunderstanding about what that particular branch of literature called “Science Fiction” actually consists of. Is it space-ships and monsters? Time machines?
|Travel Writer Jobs, What Are They And How To Find Them|
Travel writing jobs are few and far between. Getting into this field is hard to do and requires a lot of training and experience. But, there are many benefits to them. There are many individuals who would love to get employment opportunities in this field.
|Writing a Book - Tips From An Author #9|
Writing specific GenresWhat is a 'genre'? It's a fancy French word for 'type' or 'kind'. A 'Thriller' is a 'type' of story. Thrillers therefore make up a 'genre'. Some genres have become so 'reduced to practice' that they are actually cliches of themselves.
|Writing A Book - Tips From An Author: Tip 1|
Any good work of fiction has a basic set of components. Without these various elements, your book will be unsatisfying, or worse, unreadable. Many new authors make the mistake of copying or 'aping' an existing writer's style, or a popular genre - this can result in formulaic or cliched stories that probably won't be easy to sell to agents and publishers.
|Publishing and Promoting of Poetry anthologies and chapbooks|
So you have always dreamed of having your poetry published? Why not self-publish it or go with a pod publisher? Poetry is something perfect for self-publishing or pod publishing. Now you are asking yourself how you get started.
|How You Can Find Freelance Writing Employment|
How can you find writing jobs? Do you have proven skills that can propel you in the right direction? If so, then why are you looking for fresh vacancies? The best tool to those who have employment histories is to look to the companies that you have already worked for.
|How to Write a Resume That Stands Out From The Crowd|
Today’s job market is competitive. Many companies receive hundreds of resumes a year, making it difficult for yours to stand out from the crowd. However, that should not keep you from getting interviews.
|The Importance of A Website Copywriter|
A website copywriter has several jobs. They will need to provide the information, the words, and the persuasive text that is used within any site that is visited. For many individuals, this means that they will need to know the products, understand the site owner’s needs, and to be able to draw customers into the site by providing interesting and informative information.