Tools and Resources for Writing
Software, articles, and other help for writers
If you are looking for software to help with your writing projects, look at our writing tools.
If you like to read about writing, see the articles and ebooks in
Marketing Your Writings,
and Your Writings - Stories, Essays, Poetry.
Book Writer™ – Word Processing for Writers
Are you writing a book?
Are you a student?
Are you researching?
If you are writing a book, or you have chapters, notes, papers, or any writings spread across multiple files,
you can use Book Writer™ to free your creative mind from your computer.
Version 5.50: Now you can keep records on People, Places, Events, and Notes with your writings!
- Combine related files into a project for easy management.
- Merge individual chapters into a single manuscript for submissions.
- Open all files in a project with a single click.
- Move from file to file by clicking notebook tabs.
- Find any word or phrase in all project files, opened or not.
- Copy or move all files at once.
- Zip all files in a project for backup or emailing.
- Think of the right word easily with Active Thesaurus™.
- Eliminate needless business functions from your word editor.
If you are a writer—not a business person or secretary—try this word processor made for writers!
$89.95 On sale! $67.00
(Orders are processed on the parent company's secure site.)
Whitesmoke™ – Check and Perfect Your Writing
Need help with grammar? Spelling? Punctuation?
No matter what software you are using for word processing, Whitesmoke can help perfect what you write!
Grammar, spelling, and other language checking for fiction, non-fiction,
business letters, legal medical documents, and email.
All these writing tools in one:
Grammar checker, Thesaurus, Spell checker, Punctuation checker, Idioms dictionary.
- Works with any word processing software—Book Writer™, MS Word®, and others.
- Perfect your English grammar with our English grammar check, grammar corrector, and grammar lessons.
- Get just the right word with smart synonyms from our extensive synonyms dictionary.
- Use the proofreader to check your English grammar and every other aspect of your writing.
- Spell everything right with the spell checker's extensive dictionaries.
- Power up your writing with relevant adjectives, adverbs, and phrases.
- Get your punctuation right with the rules of the punctuation checker.
Whitesmoke works with most applications!
Use Whitesmoke with Book Writer™, Microsoft Word®, Outlook Express, Firefox, Internet Explorer—and many others.
Selected Articles and Stories
|The ONLY Thing You Need to Know About Writing Articles|
You don't need to be a great writer to write great articles, just be fast and entertaining. There is only ONE SINGLE THING you need to know about article writing. Tell a story. Stories are easy to follow and interesting.
|Writing Twenty Novels (In Ten Easy Steps!)|
During a recent telephone conversation, I mentioned having sent off the last revisions for my twentieth novel, “Great Sky Woman. ” There was a silence on the other side of the phone, followed by the question “How in the world do you do that?
|Writing Copy for Online Auctions|
The phrase writing copy comes from the advertising world, and it means a type of writing used to sell anything, from ideas to goods or services. Copy writing is both an art and a science. You are trying to persuade as many people as possible to bid on your items by using words and phrases.
|How To Select a Great Topic For Your Book or Ebook Part 4 of 5|
For part four of this discussion, we'll be taking a look at some specific topics you may wish to explore. .. Looking youngPerhaps sixteen year old girls don't want to look younger, but from that point on, and for most of the population in Western society, looking young is a common desire.
|Where Can You Find The Best Resources For Technical Writing|
As a freelance writer, it is important that you have a solid foundation for your skill. In many cases, though, there may be a need to use technical writing resoures to excel. Because there are many fields in which an individual can work in, there are just as many different bits of knowledge that they must have.
|How To Think Through Writer's Block|
In his book, On Writing, Stephen King says, "We are talking about tools and carpentry, about words and style…but as we move along, you’d do well to remember that we are also talking about magic. " When something is really well-written we tend to think it was effortless for the writer, that it seems magical.
|Writing Sales Copy That Sells|
When writing a sales copy, all internet marketers know that a long copy will sell more than a short copy. This does not mean that the more words the better; the quantity and the quality of detail is what will improve its performance.
|Are Writing Exercises Effective?|
It was reported that the great American author Sinclair Lewis was once asked to give a lecture on writing to a group of college students: "Looking out at this gathering," he said to the assembled students, "makes me want to know how many of you really and truly wish to become writers?