Tools and Resources for Writing
Software, articles, and other help for writers
If you are looking for software to help with your writing projects, look at our writing tools.
If you like to read about writing, see the articles and ebooks in
Marketing Your Writings,
and Your Writings - Stories, Essays, Poetry.
Book Writer™ – Word Processing for Writers
Are you writing a book?
Are you a student?
Are you researching?
If you are writing a book, or you have chapters, notes, papers, or any writings spread across multiple files,
you can use Book Writer™ to free your creative mind from your computer.
Version 5.50: Now you can keep records on People, Places, Events, and Notes with your writings!
- Combine related files into a project for easy management.
- Merge individual chapters into a single manuscript for submissions.
- Open all files in a project with a single click.
- Move from file to file by clicking notebook tabs.
- Find any word or phrase in all project files, opened or not.
- Copy or move all files at once.
- Zip all files in a project for backup or emailing.
- Think of the right word easily with Active Thesaurus™.
- Eliminate needless business functions from your word editor.
If you are a writer—not a business person or secretary—try this word processor made for writers!
$89.95 On sale! $67.00
(Orders are processed on the parent company's secure site.)
Whitesmoke™ – Check and Perfect Your Writing
Need help with grammar? Spelling? Punctuation?
No matter what software you are using for word processing, Whitesmoke can help perfect what you write!
Grammar, spelling, and other language checking for fiction, non-fiction,
business letters, legal medical documents, and email.
All these writing tools in one:
Grammar checker, Thesaurus, Spell checker, Punctuation checker, Idioms dictionary.
- Works with any word processing software—Book Writer™, MS Word®, and others.
- Perfect your English grammar with our English grammar check, grammar corrector, and grammar lessons.
- Get just the right word with smart synonyms from our extensive synonyms dictionary.
- Use the proofreader to check your English grammar and every other aspect of your writing.
- Spell everything right with the spell checker's extensive dictionaries.
- Power up your writing with relevant adjectives, adverbs, and phrases.
- Get your punctuation right with the rules of the punctuation checker.
Whitesmoke works with most applications!
Use Whitesmoke with Book Writer™, Microsoft Word®, Outlook Express, Firefox, Internet Explorer—and many others.
Selected Articles and Stories
|Write Benefits in Your Headlines to Deliver the Dream!|
When you create headlines, do you put benefits into your headlines to deliver the dream? Do you create headlines that draw your reader deeper into the rest of copy? Let me ask you a simple question.
|Many Writers, One Clear Voice|
Imagine creating your first book, one on which hangs the future of your company-and maybe even the industry you love. Imagine you have a publishing contract, five editors, a eighty contributing authors, hundreds of draft pages, a deadline in five weeks and a growing fear that the book you intended to create is nowhere in sight!
|7 Surefire-Tips For Writing “Make-People-Read” Article|
It’s not something new that writing article can bring considerable amounts of traffic to your web site thus give you more profits. Today all net has been flooded with articles, which purpose to capture instant traffic for their owners.
|Blogging for money: a fabulous freelance writing job?|
You've all seen the adverts. "Freelance writers wanted! " they scream from the pages of just about every freelance jobs site on the Internet. "Get paid to blog! "To many people, this sounds like some kind of dream job.
|Writing Successful Articles|
Writing ArticlesThe market for articles is greater than for any of the other traditional writing forms, and therefore really is one writers of all levels should investigate. There are very many excellent books on the subject of article writing, and I suggest your read as many as time and opportunity allow.
|How to Write Your News Release|
Follow this step-by-step process to write and expose your news. FormatCall it a 'News Release', 'News Bulletin' or 'Announcement'. 'Press Release' sounds like propaganda. Add, 'For immediate use'.
|How To Cultivate Greatness In Your Writing|
There's a television commercial, I believe it's for E-trade, that talks about how nobody wants to be an ordinary. .. fill in the blank. Supposedly we aspire to be better. Nobody wants to be an ordinary athlete, nobody wants to be an ordinary investor.
|Succeeding in the Business of Freelance Writing|
Something that's always surprised me about the freelance writing business is just how many writers there are out there who don't seem to realize that they're running a business. Succeeding in the Business of Freelance WritingOf the freelance writers who send quotes to prospective employers through my website, http: