Tools and Resources for Writing
Software, articles, and other help for writers
If you are looking for software to help with your writing projects, look at our writing tools.
If you like to read about writing, see the articles and ebooks in
Marketing Your Writings,
and Your Writings - Stories, Essays, Poetry.
Book Writer™ – Word Processing for Writers
Are you writing a book?
Are you a student?
Are you researching?
If you are writing a book, or you have chapters, notes, papers, or any writings spread across multiple files,
you can use Book Writer™ to free your creative mind from your computer.
Version 5.21: Now you can keep records on People, Places, Events, and Notes with your writings!
- Combine related files into a project for easy management.
- Merge individual chapters into a single manuscript for submissions.
- Open all files in a project with a single click.
- Move from file to file by clicking notebook tabs.
- Find any word or phrase in all project files, opened or not.
- Copy or move all files at once.
- Zip all files in a project for backup or emailing.
- Think of the right word easily with Active Thesaurus™.
- Eliminate needless business functions from your word editor.
If you are a writer—not a business person or secretary—try this word processor made for writers!
$89.95 On sale! $67.00
(Orders are processed on the parent company's secure site.)
Whitesmoke™ – Check and Perfect Your Writing
Need help with grammar? Spelling? Punctuation?
No matter what software you are using for word processing, Whitesmoke can help perfect what you write!
Grammar, spelling, and other language checking for fiction, non-fiction,
business letters, legal medical documents, and email.
All these writing tools in one:
Grammar checker, Thesaurus, Spell checker, Punctuation checker, Idioms dictionary.
- Works with any word processing software—Book Writer™, MS Word®, and others.
- Perfect your English grammar with our English grammar check, grammar corrector, and grammar lessons.
- Get just the right word with smart synonyms from our extensive synonyms dictionary.
- Use the proofreader to check your English grammar and every other aspect of your writing.
- Spell everything right with the spell checker's extensive dictionaries.
- Power up your writing with relevant adjectives, adverbs, and phrases.
- Get your punctuation right with the rules of the punctuation checker.
Whitesmoke works with most applications!
Use Whitesmoke with Book Writer™, Microsoft Word®, Outlook Express, Firefox, Internet Explorer—and many others.
Selected Articles and Stories
|Screenplay Slug Lines - An Important Element Of Screenwriting|
Over the years, I’ve found that new screenwriters frequently have confusions and misunderstandings on the proper way to write slug lines, also known as master scene headings. This article covers the basics of writing industry accepted screenplay slug lines.
|Copywriting Makeover: Making An Emotional Connection - Part 2 of 2|
In part one of this article series we began looking at the Cruise Vacation Center site: a travel site whose copy was sorely lacking in emotional appeal and visual imagry. (You can see the previous version of the copy here:
|Christian comic books or just another Niche|
Christian comic book, auto racing, skateboarding, soccer, math or “clothed female superheroes” can all be considered a comic book niche. I call them a comic book niche because these comic books would be made to appeal to or meet the needs to a certain group of people.
|What Bruce Springsteen Taught Me About Writing|
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the release of Bruce Springsteen's groundbreaking album Born to Run. Columbia Records is celebrating by re-releasing the disc with lots of audio and video goodies including interview material of Bruce discussing the writing of this seminal work.
|Becoming A Ghostwriter|
Ghostwriting can be rewarding in two ways. a) You get a chance to research and write about all types of topics that you wouldn't normally have a chance to learn about. The old theory in writing "write what you know" doesn't apply to ghostwriting since your clients will dictate what topic you will write about.
|Keeping It Real: The Only Copywriting Trick That Works|
Much of today's accepted copywriting wisdom comes from old books written for a different, quieter world. For most of the twentieth century, widely promoting a successful message was expensive and difficult, requiring control of significant resources and substantial time commitments.
|Five Ways A Writer Can Make More Money With A Personal Website|
These are really exciting times for writers. This is mainly because the World Wide Web has opened up opportunities that did not exist previously. There are amazing new opportunities that are capable of helping any writer market and sell their work very efficiently and successfully.
|How To Write A Problem Solving Article|
If you are like me then topics and ideas for writing articles about my product, service or niche can be tricky and getting started even worse. You will probably know the problems people have in your industry.